10 Best Solar Panels Review
Looking for the best solar panels review for your home or outdoors? You will find some in here base on expert’s judgment. Choosing the right kind of solar panel for your home, business or emergency situations is little complicated.
The brands or models available in the market are good if you know what are their capacities to cover sunlight into electricity are.
There is the difference between what solar panels can offer and what you expect from it. To understanding the difference you should learn different kinds of solar panels and their working features.
In this article, we tried to get all the necessary info related to the solar panel. Currently, Companies like, Solar World, Sunpower, LG, Panasonic etc. are offending durable top-notch panels that especially great for residential usage.
But of course, they are costly as well. Some other brands like, Sunforce, Renogy, Goal Zero Nomad, etc. produce a solar panel that is cheap and good for light to high, regular/occasional emergency power supply.
10 Best Solar Panels Review
After researching the market and interviewing some solar panel users we have sorted 10 best solar panels. These are suitable for using occasional use to heavy residential usage. Have a look below.
1. Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panels
Let’s start with the best solar panels for home use that’s high in power but sleek in size. The Renogy 100 Watts solar panel is good for off-grid application.
You can use it when camping, beach trips with friends and family. The panel comes with a MC4 connectors set. It makes the connection other Renogy panel very easily.
You can use this solar panel to power your entire home for emergency as well. For that, you may need 4-6 panels together.
Also, some other things like, power light in the driveway, 24-7 wifi security camera or charging IPS battery- this solar panel ready to serve any of these.
These panels produce sufficient power even in low sunlight because of its unique microcrystalline cells. Compare to the amorphous solar panels these will produce power more than 20-30 years.
- Good for 12/24/48 volt battery charging.
- Superior microcrystalline cells.
- Usable in rough weather like high wind and heavy snow.
- High modules conversion efficiency.
- Usable for many years.
- The edges of the panel are very sharp.
- The positive MC4 connector is too large and gives trouble while connecting.
Overall, the Renogy 100 Watts are power, durable, and low maintainable solar panels for low to medium energy use.
2. RAVPower Solar Charger 16W Solar Panels
Here is another best solar panel that especially good for RV’s. You could charge devices like camcorder, portable USB lighting, camcorder, smartphones, tabs etc. pretty fast. The panel stitching, edges, etc. are perfect. For easy mounting, the panel has eye holes with four carabineer hooks.
The great thing about the solar panel is it’s faster as your typical wall socket. Yes, it has an issue that does not provide flawless charging but still manages to charge each and every gadget in time.
- High energy conversion which converts 21-23% of solar power into energy.
- Its compact size allows you to set in small or congested places.
- Its inelegant IC frequency technology can detect the all connected device’s input and distribute current accordingly.
- Charge pretty quickly under full sunlight.
- A very affordable piece of solar panel.
- Not so flawless charging.
- Small storage pocket.
This smart solar panel allows you to get energy for charging your gadgets on primitive sites that don’t have electricity. Overall it’s a cheap hassle-free solution for anyone.
3. BESWILL 10000MAH Solar Phone Charger Waterproof Portable External Battery Pack
If you need a light compact size of solar charger then there is nothing better than BESWILL 10000MAH. It’s a 1000 MAH charger with dual USB ports, LED light, hook+compass. To show the status of the power bank timely it has five pilot lamps.
The solar panel includes a Li-polymer battery. It helps the panel to charge faster and hold it for a long time. Usually, it takes 12 hr to charge. Always use when it’s charged fully. After charging you are free to use it when going for outside activities such as boating, fishing, charging, etc.
- Dual super bright battery with three modes- SOS, Stead light and Strobe.
- Total water, shock and dust resistant body.
- Two charging option including USB Cable and plug.
- Very lightweight constriction.
- Can charge two devices at a time.
- Some complaint that it’s less durable.
Overall, this solar panel is ideal for any traveler or business person who needs emergency charging power for their devices. It’s cheap, very light and good to use in different weather and situations.
4. Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus V2 Solar Panels
If you want a smart charger for your phone while traveling, the Goal Zero Nomad 7 plus V2 Solar Panel is the best option to consider. It has some smart features like auto restart, power flow tracker, and easy usable settings. The panel knows the difference between the fully charged device and one which disconnects for any cause. So, if any device is not charged fully due to lack of sunlight, shadow or anything else; it will reconnect the device and continue charge once it has produced enough charge for charging.
In addition, the solar panel features a detachable kickstand, junction box, and solar intensity indicator. So that you can angle the panel easily in a suitable position of the light and keep an eye on how good or bad the solar condition now.
- Ideal for using in remote areas such as hiking or camping.
- Features an auto-restart and intelligent electronics that optimize output to match the gadgets.
- Easy to read LED indicator display.
- It has a detachable kickstand to angle placement.
- Fold down quickly and easy to store.
- Not perfect to use at high temperature.
- Less durable.
Overall, the panel is a great mini solar panel for charging smart devices. It’s light, affordable, and does the job well.
5. Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit
The manufacture of the solar panel state that the Renogy 100 is specially made for those users who are new to the idea/use of the solar panel. It’s a kit with solar panel and other necessary tools, devices made for off-grid applications.
You can use it in RV’s, cabin, sheds. The panel doesn’t make noise or complicated to set-up by one person.
The kit includes a 12V Monocrystalline solar panel, 30A PWM Wanderer charge controller, a 10AWG tray cable, MC4 adaptor kit. You get a set of Z-brackets with the set too.
- Includes a charge controller to set the charging limit.
- The system is expandable up to 400w.
- The panel takes 3 hrs to fully charge in full bright sunlight.
- Easy to install.
- Durable product.
- The charger controller seems flimsy.
- Made for vehicle use only.
Overall, safe, powerful, and durable solar panel set. It may take some few bucks more than usual for investment, but definitely worth the price.
6. Solar Spotlights 2-in-1 Waterproof Outdoor Landscape Lighting
The product we are going to review here is little different from the previous best solar panels. It contains of four spotlights which use to illuminate your driveway, yard, garden or any place of the house or office you need.
Normally it charged by direct sunlight in 6-8 hrs and last more than 12 hours constant. Each panel has 9 LED bulbs and 20 lumens in each bulb. So in the total single set have 180 lumens.
The angle of the Solar Spotlights is adjustable to get the perfect angle of sunlight. It can be ground or mount on the wall very easily.
- Completely weatherproof and very durable.
- Two modes of light, low-8-12 and high 4-6 hrs.
- The angle of light and solar panel is adjustable.
- Firmly and easily stick into the ground.
- Affordable price.
- If not fully charged the lights may dull and stay for short time.
Overall, the Solar Spotlights are a great deal to illuminate your home or office area. It covers both large space and small budget at a time.
7. ECO-WORTHY 20W 12V Polycrystalline Solar Panels
Another affordable solar panel is for supply power to multiple devices or plant. ECO-WORTHY 20W 12V Solar Panel Kit can supply energy to lighting your yard, shed, driveway, etc. the panel is applicable to varies DC application. That is why you can use it regularly for at least 10-12 hrs.
The solar panel comes with a 12V/24V 3A PWM charger controller. The battery of the panel is entirely overcharged and over discharge proof.
The kit of the solar panel comes with a 20w solar panel, 1 meter cable solar panel, a solar charger and 2 meter cable with some battery clips. The cable is extensional though.
- Ideal for daily usage.
- Applicable to different DC application.
- Small in size and space efficient.
- Long lasting waterproof solar panel.
- Overcharge and over discharge protection batter.
- Wires are cheap.
- Waste 10-20% of total solar power.
- The charger controller is not waterproof.
Overall, if you can maintain the panel with little more care it will to serve for many years without giving much fuss. It’s affordable and does what it promises.
8. Sunforce 50022 5-Watt Solar Battery Trickle Charger
Keep your car’s battery charge anytime now with Sunforce 5 watt solar battery charger. It’s one of the maintenance free Trickle chargers which also easy to maintain. It cans 12 volts batteries of an RV, vehicle, electric fence, deer feeder or anything close to this volt range.
The panel is consisting of a durable aluminum frame and amorphous cells. It charges quickly in full daylight condition usually, but on cloudy days it won’t disappoint you at all. The solar panel manages to charge and convert power even in shaded or cloudy weathers.
The Sunforce solar panel is come up with the easy DIY installation. You can use it either with the battery clamps to connect the panel directly with battery Or position the panel to facing the direct sunlight plugging the charger into the socket of your car. All the mounting hardware is included with the kit so you don’t need to buy them separately.
- Strong durable aluminum frame.
- Fully waterproof panel.
- Give good performance even if shady daylight condition.
- Built-in overcharge or discharge condition.
- Sleek structure and nice in look.
- The attachment tabs are made of plastic.
- Glasses are very fragile.
Overall, with the compact and lightweight design, the panel is suitable to set and use for many years. But be careful with glass!
9. Mighty Max Battery 10 Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel Charger for Deep Cycle Battery brand product
For easy installation and hassle-free take-care procedure you can consider having Mighty Max solar panel. It’s a 12 volt 10-watt polycrystalline solar panel system with compact size and low weight.
The panel also has pre-drilled holes and a set of alligator clips (6 ft) coming directly off the panel. This set helps a lot to set up the system in different places without much adjustments or trouble.
The Mighty Max is the perfect off-grid system on road, or your RV’s. It’s usable on campsite, hiking spots to get necessary energy supply. The good thing is this set offers the power what is mentioned. With the set, you get the full 10 watts solar system not a bit less.
- Strong and durable aluminum frame.
- High-efficiency solar cells bade with photovoltaic technology.
- Suitable for charging batteries (12V) of the boat, RV’s, battery operated gates, hunting cameras and so on.
- For fast mounting, the panel has pre-drilled holes.
- Easy to set and maintain.
- The wires are poor at the quality.
- No charger controller added.
The solar panel is capable to bear weather hazard like heavy snow, rain, and wind. For all marine, camping and other recreational activities, it will be a good match to supply continuous power.
10. WBPINE Solar Panel Power Bank Waterproof Dual USB Output
If you are a camper, hiker, and biker or often need to spend time in outdoor, then here is the best solution for you. The WBPINE Solar Charger, Solar power bank would be a great assistant to keep your devices full.
It has three panels that garb solar light. That is why it charges fast and converts the light into energy in no time.
The system is used to charge two devices at a time. It comes with 24000 mAh Li-polymer battery and 750 mA or 3.75W solar powers.
It can charge your iPhone 10 times, Galaxy S6 6 and iPad mini 3 times on average.
However, the solar charger is fully waterproof. It also shocks resistant and never affected but wind and dust, seems a perfect charger for outdoor!
- The compact size of the unit is good for carrying in the bag very easily.
- Able to charge phone many times before the unit power end.
- Includes bright LED flashlight.
- Best for outdoor camping.
- Fast solar charging.
- The unit is bit heavy.
- Completely turn off in shade.
The solar panels have four LED pilot lights to show the charging level. You can charge the panel with electricity as well. Overall, it’s a great charger/power bank for charging your devices on time.
Top Solar Panel Questions from Homeowners
Q- What the best type of solar panels is for most of the residential use?
A- Monocrystalline, Polycrystalline, thin-film solar panel, etc.
Q- Do I need a weather-proof solar charger for my home?
A- Positive, the more it secures forms the weather the better it will serve for years.
Q- How often should I check the panel?
A- Once in a month if there is no visible trouble. But always check the panel after a storm even if your panel is working.
Q- What is the price range of a good solar panel?
A- 70-200$ is good but you can extend the limit if you can if it’s high-end brand solar panel for residential use.
Buying Guide Different Types of Solar Panel System
This Solar Panel Information will be incomplete if there is no clear idea what are a solar panel system and the types currently available in the market.
Here are some common type yet popular types of solar panel that you may want to buy.
Their characteristics will help you to choose the right type of solar panel according to your need. So let’s begin.
Crystalline Silicone (C-Si)
In current type’s maximum photovoltaics around the world is Crystalline Silicon or some variation of it. This category use PV in many forms. Based on that, there is two type of C-Si.
Monocrystalline Silicon Solar Cells– You will get high energy efficiency (15-21%) with this one because of the presence of highest-grade silicone.
- These are space efficient. Even of their high power production, monocrystalline need the least amount of space of your home, tent or RV’s
- Durability is about best features of this type of panels. Normally manufacturers offer 25 years of warranty with this panel.
The downside of monocrystalline solar panels is they are expensive. Also, they could stop working or break down if fully or partially covered with dirt, shade or snow. For that, you can use a micro-inverter which works to prevent the effect of shading.
Polycrystalline silicon solar cells- The making process of this solar panel is less complex and inexpensive. Also, this waste less silicon compare than the first one.
- High temperature can affect polycrystalline solar panels. It’s a minor thing that does not differentiate mass energy production.
- The energy efficiency of this on is 13-17%. A lower presence of silicon purity this one can offer power similar to monocrystalline
Apart from the power production, some other downside of this type of power panel is it takes more space and its appurtenances are some kind of old. Thin-film and monocrystalline solar panels are more pleasant in look.
String Ribbon Solar Cells
- This solar panel needs the half amount of silicon compares to monocrystalline.
- The energy efficiency of String Ribbon Solar Cells is 13-14%. Some models can offer a maximum of 18.3%.
- The panel takes low space to set up.
Panel made of String Ribbon Solar Cells costly and offers lower space efficiency.
Thin-Film Solar Cells (TFSC)
These are also known as Thin-film Photovoltaic cells. Thin film solar cells are made by depositing several photovoltaic materials on a substrate. The basis of the photovoltaic material deposit TFSC could be categorized into this below category.
- Amorphous silicon (a-Si)
- Copper indium gallium selenide (CIS/CIGS)
- Cadmium telluride (CdTe)
- Organic photovoltaic cells (OPC)
The mass production of TFSC is simple and cost-effective for the manufacturer. Also, it’s flexible to use with another solar panel, battery etc. and don’t affect by high temperature or shading. You can buy them spending few some of money compared to other solar panels. The homogenous appearance of this solar panel also seems fine.
But the disadvantage of this solar panel is they not satisfactory for residential usage. Also, it requires a lot of space to set.
Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV)
Several subtypes or various method of integration are used in building-integration Photovoltaics. It also can be made combining thin-film and crystalline-based solar cells. It can be set on roofs, windows, facades or anywhere consisting photovoltaic materials. If you want a seamless integrates photovoltaic solar panel for your resident then BIPV will be great. But for that you need to spend a lot of extra money though.
Our top editor’s choice for best solar panel system for home is Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel. This system is good at pair up with the more solar panel to extend the power limit. Also, it’s easy to set and powerful though.
Some other mention like WBPINE Solar Power Bank, Solar Spotlights 2-in-1, etc. are also a great product to use. These solar power systems are the small power source for a different purpose but that does their job pretty well.
With the increasing amount of devices using trend the need of solar power source, battery, panel etc. also has been increased. It’s the demand of time. These options give you full freedom to enjoy outdoor activities without losing the connection of world. Especially you are covered in emergency situations if you have any of these best solar panels.